Corporate Culture Builder Toolkit
Your DIY guide to higher performance AND profitable growth through culture change.
75% of all change efforts fail to deliver the expected ROI.*
The underlying root cause? Corporate cultures that have not evolved to align with rapid innovation, globalization, and the diverse needs of today's markets and workforce.
*Mourier and Smith, 2002.
How is your organization doing in building the 5 Essential Habits of the modern workplace?
Corporate Culture Pros' mission is to teach leaders the concrete, actionable link between culture and profit in your company.
We show you precisely HOW and WHAT actions make culture an enabler of business growth, through aligned performance and productivity.
Why The Corporate Culture Builder Toolkit?
The Culture Builder Toolkit is the culmination of 15 years’ of culture consulting work in companies, both large and small in a variety of industries, from pharmaceutical giants like Merck to top innovators like Nike. We wanted to provide remedies for the too-common problem of change management programs that fail to address underlying cultural issues, leading to the 75% failure rates of change:
The Culture Builder Toolkit was designed to make culture change accessible to any size organization (if you are familiar with basic organizational change management principles).
What Is The Culture Builder Toolkit?
The Culture Builder Toolkit is an electronic, user-friendly PDF guidebook outlining 4 stages of road-tested strategies, tools, and tips for designing and executing a start-to-finish cultural change process in your organization.
Benefits of the Culture Builder Toolkit
- Coaching from an expert who has been facilitating culture change inside companies for 15 years.
- Discover the #1 need good employees want in a company culture AND the biggest predictor of rapid growth and profit - and how to implement these in your company;
- A 30-question assessment to help you identify your unique barriers to performance;
- Credibility-builders and a specific outline for how to engage the senior leadership team in a discussion about WHY culture is a growth mechanism, and what we should do about ours;
- 5 core habits that define a truly great workplace, and tools to implement them: Collaboration, faster, better decision making, and more;
- How to define the culture behaviors that best support execution of strategic changes in the business;
- Tips and tools to help change initiatives stick;
- Best practices to engage teams and front-line employees as corporate culture champions
- Step-by-step, guidance you can implement immediately to drive results (you don't have to do the whole process).
- How to create a change-friendly culture that can drive growth more effectively in a fast-moving economy.
The Corporate Culture Builder Framework
The 4 Stages of Cultural Change (or Building), as well as 3 focus areas to act on the Human Element of Change - the fluffy people stuff that often derails the best laid plans:
What You Get In The Toolkit
211 page PDF guidebook, with how-to pages (including detailed explanations and examples) outlining our proven 4-stage culture change process
30-question PDF format Culture Self-Assessment
TABLE OF CONTENTS
GETTING STARTED | page 4 |
- Overview of Culture Toolkit, Culture Builder Framework, How to Use This Toolkit
- Why is Culture Building So Important In Business Today?
- Defining the Culture Building Process
- How to Lead Culture Building, Cliff Notes for Culture Building + 5 Habits to Cultivate
STAGE ONE: Culture Assessment | page 44 |
- Assessment is About, Overview of Assessment
- 6 Critical Steps to Culture Assessment
- Assess Change Readiness
- Assess the Organizational Culture
- Share the results with the Senior Team
- Share the results with Participants
- Frequency of Change Monitoring Pinpoint Key Behaviors & Culture Habits
- 5 Habits for Culture Building
- The Iceberg, The Human Element & Are You Ready to Move to Awareness?
STAGE TWO: Building Awareness | page 63 |
- Awareness is About, Overview
- 5 Critical Steps to Building Awareness
- Establish Urgency
- Clarify Direction
- Revisit Your Culture Habits
- Build The Story of Change
- Cascade Sessions to Create Urgency & Engage people
- The Iceberg, The Human Element & Are You Ready to Move to Alignment
STAGE THREE: Forging Alignment | page 108 |
- Alignment is About, Overview
- 6 Critical Steps to Forging Alignment
- Sponsor Culture Building: Leaders Must Go First
- Define Responsibilities in Culture Building
- Recruit & Organize Change Leaders
- Implement a Communication Strategy
- Implement Culture Habit #2
- Working with Mindsets
- The Iceberg, The Human Element & Are You Ready to Move to Adaptability?
STAGE FOUR: Developing Adaptability | page 164 |
- Adaptability is About, Overview
- 4 Critical Steps to Developing Adaptability
- The Case for Adaptability
- Implement Habits #3,4,5
- Facilitate Two Conversations to Develop Adaptability, Using Change Leaders
- Develop Mindsets of Learning & Resiliency
- The Human Element
- Final Advice