CULTURE HEALTH CHECK: BUILDING THE MODERN WORKPLACE
Are you managing culture as your #1 profit center?
To survive (and thrive) in today's rapid-change times depends on a new and increasingly important capacity to manage these business dynamics, effectively and with speed:
- Align people behind shorter planning and strategy cycles: "Pivot together."
- Foster true collaborative teamwork across functions.
- Shifting expectations of work - how, when, where.
- Calming the inevitable chaos from change / mergers.
- Developing a new generation of leaders, at every level.
Adapt or die is real. Old school corporate cultures won't make the cut.
For two decades, Corporate Culture Pros has helped leaders / companies in multiple industries, geographies and size:
- Lead strategy-culture alignment during mergers, new CEO on-boarding, rapid growth, change in strategy.
- Identify barriers and alignment issues that dilute growth and the capacity to adapt to change.
- Zero in on trouble spots in the organization's health (and its leadership.)
- Foster lasting empowerment and engagement.
- Pinpoint strategic and tactical issues that derail transformation and change.
- Recommend specific and proven practices for the modern workplace.
- Ensure culture work is a profit center for your business.
We are NOT just another Me-Too company calling ourselves culture experts.
For 20 years, our cultural assessment work and culture change process has proven itself, in companies large and small.
What Sets Us Apart.
We are passionate about the culture transformation movement! The magnitude and speed of change, along with shifting demographics in the workforce, mean your people systems and practices MUST be aligned with the pace of business.
Yet still, company culture is vastly misunderstood. There is no one common approach or governing certification. The factors that underpin a happy, healthy work environment which drives profitable growth, are often glossed over. Foosball tables, happy hours and yoga sessions are NOT your culture. Neither are your Core Values. (although both of these play an important role in culture.)
Culture is your internal brand, that creates ongoing alignment, supports your capacity to change, and fosters successful competitive advantage. Companies like Starbucks, Southwest Airlines and Amazon understand this definition of culture - by choosing to view and manage culture as a necessary business strategy, not simply a fluffy, feel-good "engagement exercise" to raise morale.
They know that a healthy culture IS what delivers the numbers. And when culture is managed well, it produces magic as well as ROI.
Cultural ROI is our game.
It has been for 2 decades. We understand the connection between leadership, strategy and culture deeply. We did not get into this game as a result of a fad.
We value our role as a partner to internal HR and company leaders, that enables your Vision, essential growth goals, change efforts, and passionate people to do their best work.
Why our Culture Health Check?
Whether you have gone through a merger, are starting with a new CEO, or seeing more chaos after rapid growth - our Culture Health Check is a starting point to get the intelligence you need to make better decisions.
Our cultural assessments are discreet, confidential, professional, personalized.
This is not just a glorified survey or facilitation of focus groups - you can do that on your own. We work with organizations who value the presence of an external expert, providing in-depth analysis and recommendations. Who are willing to see their business through a new and courageous lens.
- Experience. We have spent our career honing our process to identify and shift cultural habits and modern management practices that support high performance.
- Depth. With great respect to the multitude of survey companies in the culture space, most are experts in software and statistics more than people and culture. We are seasoned experts in the intersection of psychological, anthropological, and business dynamics that define the competitive change landscape today.
- We Speak Executive. We do what we do for one reason: To improve your capacity for profitable growth AND help you retain more of the right people. Yes, culture is a feel-good thing. Everyone deserves a happy work environment. But you are in business and we get that.
- Honest. We provide truthful, relevant, straight-from-the-hip feedback your CEO can understand. We don’t sugar-coat the truth, bury it in a fancy 500-slide PowerPoint, or position it to maximize billable time.
- Professional, personalized service. We make it easy for you to get this done, quickly and to your satisfaction.
- Priced for Value. Most culture analyses of this depth and quality, are a significantly higher investment. We keep our operation lean and our overhead small, so we can focus on serving you.
Culture Health Check Methodology
Cultural assessment is an excellent place to engage an expert consultant not tied to your organization. Why?
- Objectivity and Discretion - people open up more freely and honestly to an outsider.
- Anonymity - we know how to preserve people's identity, while uncovering an accurate picture of what's going on.
- Credibility with executives - for many reasons, executives often listen more closely and take to heart an outside expert's feedback, even when it is conveying the same information you know internally. HR, we get you! And want to help you be seen as the hero in this effort.
- Speed - we can implement an accurate in-depth understanding of your culture's strengths and weaknesses quickly, within days or a few weeks - not months.
Our cultural assessment methodology typically includes the following:
- Assessment design and consulting on target audience and desired outcomes.
- Confidential interviews and/or focus groups with key stakeholders, including a detailed summary report, including themes and verbatims.
- Practical recommendations around modern workplace practices that will improve your culture’s ability to execute your business strategy,
- Building on existing culture/engagement survey data (if needed.) We have helped organizations debrief many culture surveys.
- We are long-standing experts in the Denison Organization Culture Survey; we have consulted on qualitative processes for deep-dive into trouble areas that build upon a wide variety of existing cultural survey and employee engagement tools.
Looking to DO IT YOURSELF?
Check out our Culture Assessment Toolkit if you want guidance.
Using a similar process to what we do with clients, we have created self-assessment tools and instructions to assist you in strengthening your culture health and fitness.
The Culture Assessment Toolkit is proven advice honed over 20 years of performing cultural assessment; for less than the cost of a workshop, you receive strategies and specific questions for designing, collecting, and applying the data to engage senior leadership and build action plans.
Buy the Culture Assessment Toolkit ($199) with 6 detailed steps and build-your-own cultural assessment that energizes your people - including a 30-question assessment tool.
You can use this Culture Assessment Toolkit for a team, senior leadership, or a random cross-section of employees. The scope is determined by the goals for the assessment.
Contact us today for a complimentary consultation on how we can support your culture building goals.