Cultural Assessment Toolkit
Helping uncover cultural values, behaviors, and beliefs that are helping or hindering your efforts to grow, innovate and change.
Our organizational culture assessment tool from Corporate Culture Pros helps you answer essential culture questions for your organization:
- How effectively does your organizational culture drive performance metrics such as profit, sales/market growth, employee engagement and innovation? (the questions provided are based on management practices that benchmark culture and high performance in many companies.)
- What does senior leadership want to change, to support an organizational culture change?
- Which culture habits support your strategic objectives and which habits hinder them?
Use our cultural assessment tool to answer these questions and gain actionable insights into which specific culture-focused habits and activities will visibly improve business results within 12 months.
Effective cultural assessments help you:
- Base your people decisions on data
- Retain and engage great people, through pinpointing their work experience
- Drive high performance teamwork
- Grow better leaders through understanding their role in shaping corporate culture
- Provide an internally own, ongoing measurement strategy for your organizational culture work
Cultural assessment tool helps you discover what behaviors and perceptions:
- Hinder achievement of your company’s goals.
- Senior leadership believes are most important, based on data.
- Strengthen the connection between culture and high performance.
- Aligned with your strategic objectives (the questions in this tool draw on research, such as Denison, on culture and performance.)
Lisa Jackson speaks about Culture Assessment
1.Assess Change Readiness
2.Assess the Organizational Culture – including a 30 sample questions you can use as is or tailor to your own needs. High scores on these questions are powerful predictors of organizational performance. This section also includes sample focus group questionnaires and interview questions.
3.Sharing Results with the Senior Team. Make the culture conversation with the Senior Team one that clearly shows how the culture impacts business performance. If you are unsure how, contact us to schedule a complimentary strategy call.
4.Share Results with Participants. The key to successfully engaging people in a “culture conversation” is a commitment to implementing several ideas that come from employees. If it’s all talk and no action, there’s likely to be an increase in people’s cynicism and frustration.
5.Define the New Culture. Key Behaviors & Culture Habits (Includes Culture Habits every company needs and a section on Creating a Culture Manifesto, with examples from Netflix, Hubspot, and other great cultures.)
6. Challenges in Culture Work and Frequency of Change Monitoring
1. Section A: “Planning the Program” includes facilitator materials–definitions; program cycle; implementation steps; tools; sample interview, focus group, and survey questions–to guide the person leading the program.2. Section B: “Conducting the Program” contains activities and tools to use with employees to define and shape your culture, audit it for alignment with workplace practices, and create and execute a plan to live the Core Culture principles to generate success. Facilitator Notes are embedded throughout the section to guide your implementation.
Get the Culture Assessment Toolkit
Toolkit includes follow-up email support, to ensure you are implementing best practices.
Assess your organizational culture on its ability to drive change and financial performance.
Inside you’ll find two empirically based cultural assessment surveys with scoring instructions, two sample culture questionnaires, as well as instructions for interpreting and sharing cultural assessment results, identifying performance enhancing culture variables, creating a culture manifesto and measuring change.
1. Culture Change Readiness Assessment
2. 30 Question Organizational Culture Assessment
3. Sample Focus Group Questionnaire
4. Sample Interview Questionnaire
5. Guide To Interpreting And Sharing Culture Assessment Results
6. Blueprint For Pinpointing Performance Enhancing Culture Habits
7. Instructions For Creating Your Culture Manifesto
8. Standards For Measuring And Monitoring Change
CULTURE ASSESSMENT TOOLKIT
Why Perform Culture Assessment?
35% of U.S. managers are engaged at work, and 1 in 7 are actively disengaged. Gallup estimates this costs the American economy approximately $350 billion in lost productivity, healthcare costs, and turnover. – Gallup, 20152.
Culture assessment helps restore alignment – and performance (productivity) – by creating a conscious and essential conversation among leaders, managers and employees, to re-align ways of working with the changes.
When done right, this conversation builds trust, re-energizes people, and diminishes stress.
It also makes employees feel that you care about more than just the bottom line – a significant theme among today’s younger generations.
Is Your Culture A Source Of Competitive Advantage?
Strong, Adaptable Culture Results In ROI
John Kotter and James Heskett in Corporate Culture and Performance, linked adaptive cultures to 900% higher stock price and 756% rise in net income, compared to competitors.3
Diagnosing And Changing Corporate Culture
Is your company facing any of these challenges?
- Rapid growth.
- New leadership team.
- Big changes in strategy.
- Increasing turnover (especially regrettable losses).
The most important driver of high performance in an organization is alignment – between strategy, leadership and culture. Change throws any system out of alignment, and often results in unintended consequences in the organizational culture.
Assessing Organizational Culture Addresses
- Untrained managers and supervisors who don’t understand the basics of motivating and engaging people (unfair, frustrating, demeaning)
- Over-use of policies and politics that restricts creativity in a mountain of meaningless activity and paperwork
- Lack of team focus
- Missing venues for employees to voice their ideas – “My ideas go to waste” or “They don’t care what I think”
- No exciting direction people can feel part of: “I don’t feel I’m contributing to something, it’s just a paycheck”
Cultural Assessment Tools Available To Organizational Leaders
In 2013, Booz-Allen released a study1 of 2,200 global participants, on their perspectives about corporate culture:
- 84 percent of respondents, and 86 percent of C-Suite respondents, believe that their organization’s culture is critical to business success.
- 96 percent said some form of culture change is needed within their organization.
- 51 percent believe their organization is in need of a major culture overhaul.
- 48 percent do not think they have the capabilities required to deliver lasting change.
With so many new vendors entering the organizational culture assessment space… how do you know what is the best solution for your business?
“We needed a home-grown approach. We wanted to create an ongoing, effective conversation about our culture … we just need to know HOW. We did not want a fancy technology approach, we want a simple human approach – an organized way to talk to our people more effectively. Thanks Corporate Culture Pros, for a thorough and effective approach!” –SK, CEO, Construction Company
Why Use Corporate Culture Pros Culture Assessment Toolkit?
- At a reasonable price of $99 you can’t lose! You get a comprehensiv, detailed, proven process on “how to” design and assess a company or team culture – and understand how to interpret and communicate the results.
- Based on 15 years’ experience working with Presidents and internal consultants to define, measure, and shape culture as a driver of high performance.
- Conversation-focused (versus another survey that nobody sees except HR),
- Provides detailed, step-by-step “HOW” instructions, including executive team role and support.
- Comes with a 30-question self-assessment PDF – you can use our questions (which provide sound culture feedback) or tailor to your needs.
Get the Culture Assessment Toolkit
Receive FREE Culture Tips and Tools Now