Cultural Assessment 101
How effectively does your organizational culture drive performance metrics such as profit, sales/market growth, employee engagement and innovation?
Does your organizational culture create competitive advantage?
Which culture habits support your strategic objectives and which habits hinder them?
Use our cultural assessment instrument to answer these questions and gain actionable insights into which specific culture-focused habits and activities will visibly improve your business results within 12 months.
Assess Your Culture To Learn Which Behaviors Are:
- Hindering Your Company’s Goals
- Indicative Of Stronger Business Performance
- Necessary To Achieving Your Strategic Objectives
Culture Assessment Is A Way To:
- Retain And Engage Great People
- Drive High Performance Teamwork
- Grow Better Leaders
- Measure Your Culture Work
- Strengthen Financial Performance
Lisa Jackson speaks about Culture Assessment
Get the Culture Assessment ToolkitBUY NOW
Assess your organizational culture on its ability to drive change and financial performance.
Inside you’ll find two empirically based cultural assessment surveys with scoring instructions, two sample culture questionnaires, as well as instructions for interpreting and sharing cultural assessment results, identifying performance enhancing culture variables, creating a culture manifesto and measuring change.
1. Culture Change Readiness Assessment
2. 30 Question Organizational Culture Assessment
3. Sample Focus Group Questionnaire
4. Sample Interview Questionnaire
5. Guide To Interpreting And Sharing Culture Assessment Results
6. Blueprint For Pinpointing Performance Enhancing Culture Habits
7. Instructions For Creating Your Culture Manifesto
8. Standards For Measuring And Monitoring Change
CULTURE ASSESSMENT TOOLKIT
Why Perform Culture Assessment?
35% of U.S. managers are engaged at work, and 1 in 7 are actively disengaged. Gallup estimates this costs the American economy approximately $350 billion in lost productivity, healthcare costs, and turnover. – Gallup, 20152.
Culture assessment helps restore alignment – and performance (productivity) – by creating a conscious and essential conversation among leaders, managers and employees, to re-align ways of working with the changes.
When done right, this conversation builds trust, re-energizes people, and diminishes stress.
It also makes employees feel that you care about more than just the bottom line – a significant theme among today’s younger generations.
Is Your Culture A Source Of Competitive Advantage?
Strong, Adaptable Culture Results In ROI
John Kotter and James Heskett in Corporate Culture and Performance, linked adaptive cultures to 900% higher stock price and 756% rise in net income, compared to competitors.3
Diagnosing And Changing Corporate Culture
Is your company facing any of these challenges?
- Rapid growth.
- New leadership team.
- Big changes in strategy.
- Increasing turnover (especially regrettable losses).
The most important driver of high performance in an organization is alignment – between strategy, leadership and culture. Change throws any system out of alignment, and often results in unintended consequences in the organizational culture.
Assessing Organizational Culture Addresses
- Untrained managers and supervisors who don't understand the basics of motivating and engaging people (unfair, frustrating, demeaning)
- Over-use of policies and politics that restricts creativity in a mountain of meaningless activity and paperwork
- Lack of team focus
- Missing venues for employees to voice their ideas – “My ideas go to waste” or “They don’t care what I think”
- No exciting direction people can feel part of: “I don’t feel I’m contributing to something, it’s just a paycheck"
Cultural Assessment Tools Available To Organizational Leaders
In 2013, Booz-Allen released a study1 of 2,200 global participants, on their perspectives about corporate culture:
- 84 percent of respondents, and 86 percent of C-Suite respondents, believe that their organization’s culture is critical to business success.
- 96 percent said some form of culture change is needed within their organization.
- 51 percent believe their organization is in need of a major culture overhaul.
- 48 percent do not think they have the capabilities required to deliver lasting change.
With so many new vendors entering the organizational culture assessment space… how do you know what is the best solution for your business?
“We needed a home-grown approach. We wanted to create an ongoing, effective conversation about our culture … we just need to know HOW. We did not want a fancy technology approach, we want a simple human approach – an organized way to talk to our people more effectively. Thanks Corporate Culture Pros, for a thorough and effective approach!” --SK, CEO, Construction Company
Why Use Corporate Culture Pros Assessment Tools
- Based on 15 years’ experience working with Presidents and internal consultants to define, measure, and shape culture as a driver of high performance
- Conversation-focused (versus another survey that nobody ever sees except HR)
- Provides detailed, step-by-step “HOW” instructions
Get the Culture Assessment ToolkitBUY NOW
Receive FREE Culture Tips and Tools Now