Culture Success Story
Communication Gridlock Is A Hidden ``Gold Mine``
< Back to Culture Successes
Pharmaceutical manufacturing site of approximately 1000 people are paralyzed in classic case of drowning in overuse of email, that is poorly constructed so it is time-consuming to figure out how to efficiently and effectively respond.
Email alone occupies an average manager approximately 3 hours per day.
- Much of the time spent dealing with “communication gridlock” is done late at night, working from home and on weekends, which leads to “burn-out”, mistakes, accidents, and employee turnover.
- Complicating the situation, this site is adding several multi-million dollar capital improvement projects, without the ability to hire additional staff.
- Internal assessments show the site is severely understaffed already, but corporate “cost-savings” initiatives do not allow additional staff to be hired.
Corporate Culture Pros Intervention
Streamlining e-mail communications is one of the most cost-effective programs for producing an immediate ROI – and for changing a culture.
Corporate Culture Pros delivers a series of short briefings and focused trainings to provide email protocols and tools for more effective, shorter meetings for the senior 10% of the site.
- Conservative projections from the client will realize time savings equal to 11 full time equivalents (FTE’s), based on a projected 100 hours/day of efficiency gains, site-wide.
- Estimated productivity gains at 11 FTE’s would save the site $1.1 million.
Email is a great tool….when used with good etiquette.